Online/On-site Secondary Counselor
An energetic, enthusiastic, talented and compassionate counselor is being sought to join a dynamic team serving nontraditional students through the On-Line Academy and the Byron Syring DELTA Center.
· Crisis intervention with at-risk students
· Active participation in RtI and PBIS initiatives
· Facilitating the ICAP process for students
· Coordinating Concurrent Enrollment with local and state-wide colleges
· Teaching online electives
· Serving as a community agency liaison
· Teaching group sessions such as “Why Try?”
· Serving on District Counseling Team
Desired skills/traits include:
· The ability to establish a good working rapport with nontraditional students
· The ability to accomplish both routine and long-term tasks/projects in an environment where immediate needs and priorities can shift unexpectedly
· Strong technology skills – this environment is technology rich and dependent and involves continuous learning
· A strong work ethic with a positive, team-oriented outlook
This is an extended contract position (two weeks before school starts, two weeks after school ends). It requires working on site at the Byron Syring DELTA Center. Feel free to contact Dirk Oden with questions about the position and the two unique programs at email@example.com or 719.852.2212.