Public Education & Business Coalition (PEBC) is a Colorado-based 501(c)3 organization that provides professional development services for practicing educators locally and nationally, and operates the Boettcher Teacher Residency (BTR) for training well-qualified new teachers for high-needs schools. The Residency recruits, trains and supports effective new teachers from diverse backgrounds for urban and rural school districts and is building the infrastructure needed to become a statewide pipeline over the next 5 years.
- Observe and coach Residents, providing support, necessary interventions, and ongoing evaluation of growth, including tracking growth of the Residents on the BTR Teacher Development Rubric.
- Provide multiple formal and informal observations with debrief and coaching conversations for each Resident following the coaching calendar provided by Director of Rural Residency.
- Plan and implement licensure coursework instruction aligned with CDE standards, Teacher Quality Standards, INTASC standards, and Boettcher Teacher Residency and PEBC evidence-based practices
- Collaborate with Director of Curriculum and Instruction and Director of Rural Residency on implementation of Scope and Sequence, licensure coursework, and instructional practice.
- Support integration of technology into seminar coursework for Residents
- Provide feedback on Resident licensure coursework (i.e. reflections, lesson plans, leads, portfolio, etc.)
- Collaboratively plan and facilitate Mentor Seminar and support Mentors in building relationships with Residents, coaching, and providing feedback
- Provide support to Residents throughout the hiring process by providing coaching around professionalism and feedback on cover-letters and resumes
- Collaborate with Director of Rural Residency on support plan creation, tracking and support when necessary
- Support the entire BTR program by supporting Resident selection, supporting recruitment and candidate interviews, and participating in BTR and PEBC events.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Masters' Degree
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem solving skills
- Works well independently with minimal supervision
- Desired, but not required: Experience with instructional coaching, G Suite, and Google Classroom